Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Forever Valentine...

 As long as I can remember my dad has always been my Valentine. He is always there with a loving hug, kind words, or even much needed advice. He has always been there for anything I have ever needed, even if it was to borrow him as my Valentine. He would also surprise me with chocolates from time to time.
 I love him so very much, and there is no other man like him. He is a true model of what a father should be.
 Even when my own child faces life without his own father, mine has stepped in and assumed the role that could never be filled by any other man. My LO even calls him dad occasionally. He looks up to and admires him. From the day he was born until now, just days before his 8th birthday, one of his favorite people is my dad.
 Two years ago, I found a man who would love me for me and accepted all that I brought to the table, and even though its not been an easy two years, he is now my valentine. There could never be anyone to replace my dad, no matter how hard they try, there is only one man that can make me feel like I do about Valentine's Day. My dad showed me the meaning of love, and what it means to cherish someone and make that someone feel special every day of the week but just showing love, courage, and strength in his own marriage to my beautiful and talented mom. Through their hardships, excitements, sorrows, and joyful times, I learned endurance and patience in my own marriage. I'm sure these qualities will prove more and more helpful as the years, struggles, and joys come and go. I will always know where they started though, where they all began and that is with my Daddy.
I love you my forever Valentine! No matter who is in my life, or what may be thrown my way, I know where the love all started from and came from. Thank you Dad for being a wonderful, Godly man. Thank you for showing me how to love and what it means to be loved. You and mom are the reason I know how to love so deeply and unconditionally. If it wasn't for your influence, guidance, and example, I may never have known this kind of LOVE <3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment