Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Beginning the Farm Life

When I first thought about where I would want to be when I was 29 years old, I never thought I would be where I actually am. Here I sit just a month and a half from my birthday and find myself married to a wonderful, hardworking man, a momma to two beautiful boys and a lil girl who is due to be here in March, just days before my 29th birthday and a step momma to a growing, loving, complicated teenager.  Living the farm life dream. We have embarked on the journey of farm life with just a few animals at the moment, 2 goats, 3 ducks, 7 chickens, 2 rabbits, 2 dogs, and a beta fish. This has been, so far, one of the best and most rewarding journey's we have been on. Raising children, and animals, and finding out who we are as a family has been so joyful, stressful, and enlightening. I am very excited to see what spring has in store for us, as we are adding a new little girl to the family as well as more animals to grow our farm and become more self-sustaining. Hoping to be able to live off our land and truly be proud that we are working for everything we have. I am so excited to have you on this journey with us and look forward to spilling my guts about the ups and downs that we may experience here on our lil farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment